Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jerry & Orv from WA

Orv and I had a great ride. The weather could have been a little better, but it was still far above what I found at home when I got back. It took me two tries to get up my driveway due to having to bash through the snow berm left by the snowplow.I was a little apprehensive about renting the SV650. I sat on one before I left and the stock seat height seemed fine, and I was afraid that two inches lower would be a problem. I also thought that three days riding without any wind protection would be pretty tiring. However, all your other bikes were too tall for this 5 ft. 6 in old-timer, so I went with the SV. It turned out to be a great choice. I was not aware from your website that you had a windscreen on the SV650, so that solved the wind blast problem, and the lowered seat height actually made the bike more maneuverable and easier to get on and off with the hard bags that were installed.
I last rode a motorcycle in Arizona in 1964 when I had a summer job at Ft Huachuca. I bought a 1962 Triumph TR6-C in Tucson that summer and rode it all over the southeast of the state. There were a lot less people then, but the mountains and desert are pretty much as I remembered them.


So, thanks for the great service and the pristine, new motorcycle. Jerry

No comments: