Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Arizona Adventure



I just visited Arizona for the first time. As an avid cyclist, I knew that the best way to get a great feel for the area and maximize my experience would be on a motorcycle. I found AZride.com by surfing the web. I called and was able to reserve a BMW RT1200 in a few short minutes.

I met Monica & Gabor the morning I picked up the motorcycle. Both were very accommodating. Monica had an excellent knowledge of Arizona and was able to map out a number of great trips. Gabor walked through all of the features and functions of the RT1200. The bike was immaculate and an indication of the care and pride that AZRide takes with their inventory. This was very refreshing. Gabor’s knowledge of motorcycles was very impressive. Both Monica and Gabor were very engaging and I could have spent the morning chatting with them.

I took a number of side trips and did the obligatory ride up the Apache trail to Tortilla Flat. It is a very scenic ride and a nice destination. I had lunch at an outdoor grill; ate a Bronco burger and listened to some live C&W music.





I toured the Carefree / Cave Creek area on another side trip. I found a great stop called Harold’s Corral. The place is very lively and they made a great Bloody Mary (drank just one).


Overall, it was an awesome experience! I will definitely make another trip to Arizona and will rent a bike from Monica & Gabor. I highly recommend their services.

No comments: