Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brad & Billie from the UK


We rented the Yamaha FJR for 2 days, it was the first time I had got my wife, Billie on the back of a bike since I passed my test in March. It was the best 2 days of the 8 day stay in Phoenix.

We took Monica's advice the first day & followed her route to Tortilla Flats stopping for a drink at Saguaro Lake where this picture of Billie with the FJR was taken.

On the 2nd day we went to Sedona up the 87 to Payson & then the 260 to the I-17 on to Sedona.

The 87 is a must!!

You go from cotton fields after the 101 to desert, cactus forest and, as you gain altitude, alpine forests before you get to Payson. Fantastic road, breath taking views & the odd speed trap!!

Sedona is beautiful, but don't go for the shopping go for the stunning scenery (though there is a factory outlet just outside Sedona). The 2nd picture is Billie & I in Sedona.

We are already talking about coming back next year & renting a bike for longer next time!!

Ride Safe.

No comments: