Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arizona-New Mexico MC Travels

I have seen virtually all of AZ you can see from the back of a motorcycle on paved roads over the last ten years. AZ Ride has been my rental source for the last two years and both times I have found Monca and Gabor provide a quality experience via their excellent customer service and their wide selection of well maintained motorcycles. I highly recommend AZ Ride as your source of motorcycle rental in the Phoenix area.

My solo trip this year started on US 60 and Highway 61 northeast thru the Salt River Canyon, Showlow and St Johns, continuing northeast thru Zuni and Black Rock, the Mal Pais Nat'l Mon. and Grants, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Espanola. I had intended to continue north to see Mesa Verde NP and then west to Glen Canyon Dam near Page, AZ, the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Sedona, AZ, but after three days of my 5 day trip, an unusual (for AZ in May) weather pattern of heavy rain (snow at the higher elevations) forced me back down into the Valley of the Sun. As usual, the AZ Ride Goldwing performed flawlessly, and even with the rain I enjoyed the ride immensely.

Keep the rubber side down and ride safe.

AZRoamer

No comments: