Monday, April 14, 2008

Local Yokel

I am Todd and I've been riding in AZ since ~1990. Been there, done that (got stuck there...got lost there...) but still enjoy doing it. I'm considering buying a GS1200 so I rented one from AZ rides. I found them on time, knowledgeable, and just darn nice (bikes are immaculate as well). I took it up through Superior and Globe, and then up to Roosevelt lake. Passed a half dozen car clubs enjoying the AZ backroads (one was a string of about 15 classic 1940's cars all restored, a joy to pass slowly on a beautiful day). Down the Apache trail and back to Tempe in just a few hours round trip. Beautiful ride, very mellow, but delicious curves the GS just carved through - oh and the usual stunning AZ scenery of the salt river canyon. Stopped by Victory BMW in Tempe and started pricing a new GS :-)

I highly recommend the experience for anyone. It will be the best ~$250 you've spent on yourself in a long time.

Go. Do. Ride.

-Todd Neville

No comments: